Company: The Construct
Dr. Ricardo Tellez is the CEO of The Construct, the company world leader in teaching Robot Operating System (ROS) online. He has a PhD on Artificial Intelligence. He is the author of 4 books about learning ROS (the ROS in 5 days series of books). He teaches ROS at the University of LaSalle in Barcelona for the graduated students at the Master on Robotics. He also teaches ROS at Technical University of Catalonia (UPC) at the Master Industria 4.0.
How to Become a Robotics Developer
This workshop aims at showing you the new opportunity that exists for developers to enter into a new field that has almost no competitors: developing software for robots. We will cover the reasons why developers are needed for robotics and which benefits you can have from becoming one. Then we will start learning the programming framework and practice with simulated robots.
- Part 1: Name of the block: how to become a robotics developer
- Objective #1: Why you should consider becoming a ROS Developer
- Objective #2: What do you need to learn
- Objective #3: How to avoid dealing with hardware as you develop for robots
- Part 2: Name of the block: the ROS framework to program robots
- Objective #1: setting a programming environment for robots
- Objective #2: create a program to move a robot
- Objective #3: create a program to get sensor data
- Objective #4: build a program to avoid obstacles
The main goal of this workshop is to show participants a new line of development, and to teach them the basis of robot programming with ROS
Those interested in finding a non-crowded field in software development. Specially if you like robots but don’t want to mess with the hardware
- You don’t need to install anything on your computer. Only bring a computer with a browser Chrome or Firefox. We will be programming online using a web environment. Any computer is ok
- You need to know basic programming Python and basic Linux.