Position: SW Architect
Company: Tikal Knowledge
Web developer since ever. Creator of many OSS libraries and tools.
Problem-Solver. Father, Husband, and Curious about everything.
– microfronts (https://microfronts.dev) – Polyglot large scale front-ends
– slim-js (http://slimjs.com) – Web components made easy
– showroom (https://showroomjs.com) – Test & Automation platform for web components
– oculus-x – Convert legacy objects into observables.
– …? More to come, for sure.
15+ years of web development,
The Naked Web Developer – Your Browser Is Your Framework
Developers love the idea of having safety nets when they work. The feeling that a stable framework, backed by top software companies and supported by community developers, will ensure they can’t go wrong. There is one excellent framework everybody forgets: the web browser.
Using modern web standards, we can add new features/powers into the browser in a snap. Is this too good to be true? Can it be that we are actually at the point where all the shiny component frameworks are disposable? Can we all be freed from the framework fatigue?
The opinionated session will cover the basic ideas of messaging, data binding, component authoring, routing – without dependencies – and compare them with the same features provided by the browser. DYI approach with real code will be presented and compared with features that simply cannot be provided without external tooling.
The following topics will be covered:
– Observables (Using proxies, getters and setters)
– Messaging (Publish-Subscribe)
– Dependency Injection (Using native class mixins)
– Runtime environment variables solution (HTML meta-tags injections)
– Components (Web Components)
– Routing (With Web Components)