Maurice de Beijer
ABL – The Problem Solver,
— WORKSHOP —
High-performance web applications with Preact
In this full day workshop, you will learn why and how to create a Preact application from scratch. You will learn when choosing Preact over React makes sense and when it doesn’t. Next you will learn how to create a new Preact application using the Preact CLI. You will expand this basic application to a full-blown application while using Lighthouse and other performance tooling to keep the application as fast as possible. Finally, you will learn how to use the Preact-Compat NPM package to either post existing React applications or use standard React components in an existing Preact application.
- What is Preact and how does it differ from React
- Create a new project using the Preact-CLI
- Create new Preact components
- Use the Preact router to navigate between routes
- Best practices by separating presentational and container components
- Use Bootstrap 4 with Preact
- Adding a NavBar component
- Using a Card component
- Use Preact-Compat to use existing React components
- Using the IntersectionObserver to only load images when they become visible
This workshop is targeted at developers who are new to Preact. Experience with modern ECMAScript, i.e. 2015 and later syntax using Babel, is required. Prior experience with React is useful but not required.
Level 2 – Intermediate material. Assumes knowledge and provides specific details about the topic.
In order to participate you will need a laptop with Node 8 or later and NPM installed.