Nikolai Norman Andersen
Bekk Consulting AS, Norway
Nikolai is a Manager and Consultant at BEKK, where he is Containers Practice Lead. He has previously worked as a freelancer, for a small start-up and for an advertising agency. His focus is on DevOps, and he spends his time improving not just applications, but the way they are continuously delivered. He is a co-organiser of the Oslo F# Meetup, the Norwegian .NET User Group and the DevOpsDays Oslo conference.
— TOPIC —
Immutable application deployments with F# Make
This presentation will show you how to write build- and deployment-scripts that runs the same on your local machine as when deploying in an Azure Web App! I’ll do the following:
– Introduce you to FAKE and how it compares to Cake and PSAKE
– Teach you about Kudu, the engine behind deployments to Azure Web Apps
– Show you how you can free yourself of saving environment specific configuration in tools like Octopus Deploy and VSTS
– Demonstrate migrating Azure SQL databases on deploy, using the Web Apps connection string(s)
– Show how we use ARM, how security is handled and how we smoke test.