Philipp is part of the infrastructure team and a developer advocate at Elastic. He is frequently talking about full-text search, databases, operations, and security. Additionally, he is organizing multiple meetups in Vienna.
— TOPIC —
Se7en Deployment Sins
Do you have something to confess? Or are you still in denial – knowing that you’re doing something wrong, but you cannot say for sure what it is? In this talk, we’ll go through our deployment sins and how to avoid them:
– Gluttony: Adding all the dependencies- both in size and number.
– Greed: Yes, I want to use the biggest and slowest application server possible.
– Sloth: Continuous Deployment or Delivery – who would need that?!
– Lust: Of course I’m using containers, microservices, and every latest trend for every project!
– Pride: Once something is in production it’s purely an ops problem.
– Envy: Why should I rely on an external library, when I can lovingly handcraft it all myself?
– Wrath: Logging and monitoring are for the faint of heart!