Maurice de Beijer
ABL – The Problem Solver, Netherlands
About Maurice de Beijer
— WORKSHOP —
The New React
The React team rewrote the book on developing components. Before we had a choice between classes and functional components. Yet many components needed to be classes. A functional component was often too limited. Now, using hooks, we can extend functional components to be as powerful as we want.
Join Maurice in this interactive workshop -you will learn all about using the different standard hooks. You will start extracting code from components into you own custom hooks. But be warned, hooks are like a drug. Once tried you too will be hooked. Your components will never be the same again.
- Part 1: Introducing React Hooks presentation:
- What are hooks?
- What problem do hooks solve?
- What are some of the tradeoffs with hooks?
- Part 2: Using the basic React hooks
- Start with your first stateful hook.
- Handle asynchronous side effects with the useEffect hook
- Use the useContext hook to make context easy.
- Create your own custom hooks
- Part 3: Using the more advanced hooks
- Part 4: Concurrent React
- Use lazy() to automatically bundle split and lazy load parts of your application
- Add strict mode to ensure your React components will work with concurrent React
- Use concurrent rendering with ReactDOM
- Leverage React cache to make async loading of data even easier
The goal of this workshop is to introduce you to the future way of coding React components and applications.
The target audience is every React developer interested in the future of component development with React hooks as well as concurrent rendering with React.
– A laptop with Node 8 and NPM 8 or later and your favorite code editor installed on it.
– Technical knowledge:
– Basic knowledge of React